Three Cheers Training gets it name from the benefits its SASH training broadly provides as Three Cheers stands for three wins; 1) for patrons, 2) for business (licensed venues and the alcohol industry) and 3) for the community.
SASH is shown to reduce alcohol-related ‘Ask to Leave’ (ATL) incidents, reduce violence and aggression, increase patron satisfaction, increase staff satisfaction in their roles and increase venue revenue.
SASH has been developed and proven to work in a variety of licensed venues over the past 9 years. It is hospitality and safety outcome focused.
SASH represents a simple formula, the more a venue puts into delivering it, the better the outcomes.
- Decreases ‘Ask to Leave’ (ATL) incidents and reduces violence and aggression
- Improves venue safety for both patrons and staff
- Improves hospitality patrons experience
- Improves staff enjoyment in their roles
- Increases protection of venue investments from liquor law breaches
- Improves safety in the local community and further upholds the local amenity
- Improves venue’s relationships with authorities e.g. the police
- Improves the overall culture of the venue on offer to the marketplace
- Increases revenue and profit in venues, particularly those that already do a good trade